We want you and your newborn to be as comfortable as possible at the studio. The session is relaxed, taking the time to create a soothing atmosphere while capturing timeless images. We encourage you to watch the process and may ask you to help place a hand on your baby’s back while posing takes place to be sure that there is a sense of warmth and security throughout the session. If your baby is restless we may ask you to sit or stand a little further away as even the smell of mom can trigger the rooting instinct. Of course, if your baby is hungry we would like you to take time you need to do a feeding so that your newborn is ready to sleep.
Here are some suggestions for you to consider prior to the shoot:
- Bring a snack and water for yourself and any siblings. The photoshoot takes time and you are in the warm room.
- If siblings are coming, bring some entertainment for them. Don’t forget some of their favourite items for cuddly sibling shots.
- Bring a couple of changes of clothing, one for family photos and one just in case any accidents happen. Focus on unified colours, white being the best choice for moms and babies- simple clothing is great, especially if it allows arms to be visible in the photos.
- Bring a couple of wrapping blankets for your baby, to keep them warm during feeds.
- Bring everything for changing and feeding your baby, including any creams you use or special eco materials. We have a comfy chair for feeding your baby.
- If your newborn has long hair, bring a brush.
- Any toys or props you would like to add into the photos.
- If you use a dummy (pacifier) please being it along.
- Try to keep your baby awake on the way to the session so that when you arrive you can take time to feed and relax before moving into the photo session.
- If you, your baby or family members are displaying symptoms of illness please call as soon as possible to reschedule your session.
- We ask parents to help with some poses so please wear what is most comfortable, particularly your footwear. Often you’ll be asked to take off footwear for the session.
If you have any questions be sure to get in touch before your session.